Fixes for Fitbit Versa Won’t Turn on: If your Fitbit Versa won’t turn on, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
- Charge your device: Make sure your Fitbit Versa is charged. Connect it to the charging cable and plug it into a USB port or wall adapter. Leave it to charge for at least an hour.
- Restart your device: Press and hold the button on the left side of the device for about 4 seconds. Release the button when the Fitbit logo appears on the screen.
- Update the firmware: Connect your Fitbit Versa to the charging cable and plug it into a USB port or wall adapter. Make sure the device is connected to the internet and the firmware will update automatically.
- Reset your device: Press and hold the button on the left side of the device for about 15 seconds. Release the button when the Fitbit logo appears on the screen. This will erase all data and settings on your device.
- Try a different charging cable and wall adapter: Sometimes the charging cable or wall adapter can be the problem. Try using a different charging cable or wall adapter to see if it fixes the issue.
- Contact Fitbit Support: If none of the above steps work, contact Fitbit Support for further assistance. They may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps or repair options.
It’s important to note that if your device is still under warranty, contact Fitbit Support to check if it’s covered.