How to Backup Photos to Google Photos on PC and Mac: Here’s how to backup photos to Google Photos on a PC or Mac:
- Download and install the Google Photos Backup app on your computer. You can find the app at https://photos.google.com/apps.
- Open the app and sign in with your Google account.
- Select the folders or individual photos you want to back up. You can also choose to back up all of your photos and videos.
- Click “Start Backup” to begin the backup process. The app will upload your photos and videos to Google Photos.
- You can check the progress of the backup by clicking on the “Activity” tab.
Note: The Google Photos Backup app only works with photos and videos. If you want to back up other types of files, you’ll need to use a different method, such as the Google Drive desktop app or Google’s Backup and Sync tool.
Alternatively, you can also manually upload photos to Google Photos using the web version of the service:
- Go to https://photos.google.com and sign in with your Google account.
- Click on the “Upload” icon in the top-right corner.
- Select the photos you want to upload and click “Open” to begin the upload process.
- You can check the progress of the upload by clicking on the “Uploads” tab.