How to Fix MacBook Pro Horizontal Lines on Screen Issue: If you’re experiencing horizontal lines on the screen of your MacBook Pro, here are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
- Restart the computer: Sometimes, horizontal lines on the screen can be caused by temporary software glitches that can be resolved by simply restarting the computer.
- Check the display cable: Make sure the display cable is securely connected to the computer and to the display. If the cable is loose or damaged, it could be causing the horizontal lines on the screen.
- Reset the SMC (System Management Controller): If the problem persists after restarting the computer, you may need to reset the SMC. To do this, follow these steps:
- Shut down the computer.
- Disconnect the power cord.
- Press and hold the power button for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button.
- Reconnect the power cord.
- Turn on the computer.
- Check for software updates: Make sure your MacBook Pro is running the latest version of macOS. To check for updates, go to the Apple menu > System Preferences > Software Update.
- Check for hardware issues: If none of the above steps resolve the issue, the problem may be caused by a hardware issue, such as a damaged display or graphics card. In this case, you may need to take the computer to an Apple repair center or authorized service provider for further diagnosis and repair.
It’s also a good idea to back up your data before attempting any of these steps, in case something goes wrong.