How to Fix Messenger Notification Not Working
If you are not receiving notifications from the Messenger app on your phone, there are a few steps you can try to fix the problem:
- Check your notification settings: Make sure that notifications for the Messenger app are turned on. You can do this by going to Settings > Apps & notifications > Messenger > App notifications and making sure that the toggle switch is set to “On”.
- Check your internet connection: Make sure that you have a stable internet connection, as this is necessary for notifications to be delivered.
- Check if you have any notifications blocked: If you have blocked notifications from the Messenger app, you will not receive any notifications. You can check your blocked notifications by going to Settings > Apps & notifications > Messenger > App notifications > Block.
- Restart your phone: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix the issue.
- Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest version of the Messenger app installed on your phone. Updating the app may fix the issue.
- Clear the app’s cache and data: Clearing the app’s cache and data can help resolve any issues with the app’s performance. To do this, go to Settings > Apps & notifications > Messenger > Storage > Clear cache and Clear data.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app: If none of the above steps work, you can try uninstalling the Messenger app and then reinstalling it from the app store.
If you have tried all of the above steps and are still not receiving notifications from the Messenger app, it may be a problem with your account or the app itself. In this case, you may need to contact the Messenger support team for further assistance.