How to Replace Headphone Pads: To replace the earpads on your headphones, you will need a new set of earpads and a small Phillips head screwdriver. The exact process may vary slightly depending on the specific model of your headphones, so it’s always a good idea to refer to the user manual for your headphones for specific instructions.
Here is a general guide for replacing the earpads on over-ear headphones:
- Remove the screws on the bottom of each earcup using the Phillips head screwdriver. There should be two screws on each earcup.
- Gently pull the earcup away from the headband to separate it from the headphone frame.
- Carefully remove the old earpad from the earcup. You may need to gently pry it off using your fingers or a flat tool like a butter knife.
- Once the old earpad is removed, gently stretch the new earpad over the earcup. Make sure that the earpad is evenly positioned and fully seated on the earcup.
- Repeat the process for the other earcup.
- Once both earpads are in place, reattach the earcups to the headband by aligning the earcup with the headband and pressing it firmly into place.
- Replace the screws on the bottom of each earcup and tighten them securely.