How to Silence Some Notifications on iPhone in iOS 15
To silence some notifications on an iPhone running iOS 15, you can use the “Do Not Disturb” feature or customize your notification settings for individual apps. Here’s how:
- To use “Do Not Disturb,” go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on “Do Not Disturb.”
- From the “Do Not Disturb” menu, you can turn on “Do Not Disturb” manually or schedule it to turn on automatically at a specific time. You can also customize which calls and messages will still come through when “Do Not Disturb” is on.
To customize your notification settings for individual apps:
- Go to the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Notifications.”
- Scroll through the list of apps and tap on the app you want to customize.
- From the app’s notification settings, you can turn off notifications for that app completely or customize how you receive notifications (e.g., turn off sound or turn off badges).
Keep in mind that these changes only affect notifications on your iPhone. If you want to silence notifications on other devices, you’ll need to make similar changes on those devices as well.