How to Use Snipping Tool in Windows 11
The Snipping Tool is a built-in screen capture utility in Windows that allows you to capture a screenshot or a portion of your screen and save it as an image file. Here is how to use the Snipping Tool in Windows 11:
- Open the Snipping Tool by searching for it in the Start menu or by typing “Snipping Tool” into the search bar.
- Click the “New” button to start a new capture.
- Select the type of snip you want to create:
- Free-form Snip: Allows you to draw a custom shape around the area you want to capture.
- Rectangular Snip: Allows you to select a rectangular area to capture.
- Window Snip: Allows you to select a specific window to capture.
- Full-screen Snip: Captures the entire screen.
- Use your mouse to draw the area you want to capture, or select a window or the full screen.
- The captured image will be opened in the Snipping Tool window. From here, you can use the pen, highlighter, and eraser tools to annotate the image.
- To save the captured image, click the “File” menu and select “Save As.” Choose a location to save the image and click “Save.”
You can also use the Snipping Tool to capture a screenshot and automatically save it to your clipboard by pressing the “Ctrl” + “PrtScn” keys on your keyboard. To paste the screenshot into an image editing program or other application, press “Ctrl” + “V” to paste the image.