Ways to Fix Fire TV Stick Remote Not Working
If your Fire TV Stick remote is not working, here are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:
- Check the batteries: Make sure the batteries in your remote are not dead or low on power. Replace the batteries if necessary.
- Restart your Fire TV Stick: Unplug your Fire TV Stick from the power outlet, wait a few seconds, and then plug it back in. This can sometimes resolve issues with the remote not working.
- Reset the remote: Press and hold the “Home” and “Back” buttons simultaneously for about 10 seconds, until the remote’s LED light starts flashing. This will reset the remote and may resolve any issues you’re experiencing.
- Check the remote’s connection: Make sure the remote is within range of the Fire TV Stick (usually about 25 feet) and there are no obstructions between the remote and the device.
- Sync the remote: If none of the above steps work, you may need to sync the remote with your Fire TV Stick. To do this, follow these steps:
- On your Fire TV Stick, go to “Settings,” then “Controllers and Bluetooth Devices,” and then “Fire TV Remotes.”
- Select “Add New Remote,” and then follow the on-screen instructions to sync your remote.
If none of these steps help, there may be a problem with the remote itself and you may need to replace it. You can purchase a new remote from Amazon or contact Amazon customer support for assistance.