Ways to Fix Google Chrome No Sound Issue on Windows and Mac
If you are experiencing no sound in Google Chrome on a Windows or Mac computer, here are a few steps you can try to fix the issue:
- Check your volume: Make sure that the volume on your computer is not muted and that the volume level is high enough.
- Check your speakers: Make sure that your speakers are properly connected and turned on.
- Check your Chrome settings: In Chrome, click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner and go to “Settings.” In the “Privacy and security” section, click on “Site Settings.” Scroll down to the “Sound” section and make sure that the toggle is set to “Allow sites to play sound (recommended).”
- Restart Chrome: Close Chrome and then reopen it to see if the issue is resolved.
- Restart your computer: Sometimes, a simple restart can fix issues with Chrome or your computer.
- Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest version of Chrome installed. You can check for updates by clicking on the three vertical dots in the top right corner and going to “Help > About Google Chrome.”
- Reset Chrome: If none of the above steps work, you can try resetting Chrome to its default settings. To do this, click on the three vertical dots in the top right corner and go to “Settings.” Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Advanced.” In the “Reset and clean up” section, click on “Reset settings to their original defaults.”
I hope these steps help fix the no sound issue in Google Chrome on your Windows or Mac computer. If you continue to have problems, it might be helpful to seek additional assistance from the Chrome support team or a qualified technician.