Ways to Fix YouTube Audio Out of Sync on Mobile and PC: If the audio and video in a YouTube video are out of sync on your mobile device or computer, there are a few things you can try to fix the issue:
- Restart your device: Sometimes a simple restart can resolve issues with apps. Close YouTube and any other apps that are running in the background, and then restart your device.
- Check your internet connection: Make sure you have a stable internet connection. If you’re using a Wi-Fi connection, try switching to a cellular connection or vice versa.
- Check for updates: Make sure you have the latest version of the YouTube app installed on your mobile device or the latest version of your browser installed on your computer. You can check for updates in the App Store or Google Play Store (for mobile devices) or in your browser’s settings (for computers).
- Clear your cache and cookies: Clearing your cache and cookies can help resolve issues with the app or browser. To do this, go to your device’s settings or your browser’s settings and look for the “Clear cache” or “Clear browsing data” option.
- Reset the app or browser: If clearing your cache and cookies doesn’t help, you can try resetting the app or browser to its default settings. To do this, go to the app’s or browser’s settings and look for the “Reset” or “Restore defaults” option.
- Try a different device or browser: If the issue persists, try accessing the YouTube video on a different device or using a different browser. This will help you determine if the issue is with the device or browser you’re using or with the video itself.
If none of these steps help, it’s possible that the issue is with the video itself. In this case, you’ll need to wait for the issue to be resolved by YouTube. You can also try contacting YouTube support for further assistance.