Ways to Turn off Direct Messages (DMs) on Instagram:
To turn off Direct Messages (DMs) on Instagram, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your device.
- Tap your profile icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen to go to your profile.
- Tap the three lines in the top-right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Tap “Settings” in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Tap “Privacy” in the list of options.
- Tap “Comments and DM requests” in the “Privacy” section.
- Toggle off the switch next to “Allow Direct Messages from anyone.”
This will turn off DMs on your Instagram account, so you will no longer receive DMs from other users. You can still send DMs to people you follow or who follow you, but you will not be able to receive DMs from anyone else.
Keep in mind that if you turn off DMs, you will not be able to receive any DMs, including messages from people you follow or who follow you. If you only want to block specific users from messaging you, you can do so by going to “Comments and DM requests” and tapping “Blocked users.”