What Happens When You Restrict Someone on Instagram:
When you restrict someone on Instagram, that person will not be able to see your posts or stories in their feed or on your profile. They will also not be able to comment on your posts or send you direct messages. If you have a public account, the person you have restricted will still be able to see your profile and posts, but their comments and messages will not be visible to you or anyone else.
Restricting someone on Instagram does not remove them from your followers list or block them from seeing your account. It simply limits their ability to interact with you and your content. If you want to completely block someone from seeing your account, you can do so by blocking them.
To restrict someone on Instagram:
- Go to the profile of the person you want to restrict
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of their profile
- Tap “Restrict”
To remove the restriction on someone’s account:
- Go to your profile and tap the three lines in the top right corner
- Tap “Settings”
- Tap “Privacy”
- Tap “Restricted Accounts”
- Tap “Unrestrict” next to the name of the person you want to unrestrict
Note: When you restrict someone on Instagram, they will not be notified that you have done so. However, they will notice that they are no longer able to interact with your account in the same way as before.